Friday, December 19, 2008

Balloon Releases 9, 10, 11, 12, And 13. A HUGE Release day!

In addition to the three boquets released earlier today, an additional five air mail balloons wers sent aloft this evening. The release occured in Atascocita at about 8:30 tonight, December 19, 2008.

Five large bundles of balloons wait in the Christmasy living room to fly away and make a new friend, hopefully far, far away.


The postcards with postage are in zip-lock type baggies, and to protect the card from having the sun bleach the ink right off, I wrap them in a piece of paper. I inscribe a little note on the paper to attract attention. Writing 'secret note', 'air mail', 'read me', and 'a message for u' on the paper, I couldn't help but think of the 'drink me' card Alice in Wonderland finds.


That's a big bundle of all five bouquets, tangled badly. What a putz.


Goodbye balloons, goodbye. It's always so cool watching them drift off, wondering where they might land, how far they might go. Tonight they drifted eastward, toward Louisiana.


Lexi caught one last glimpse of them in the darkness. I have a suspicion that two I released simultaneously became entangled, but it is the kind of thing there is no altering of, so no worries.

Alan

2 comments:

Charli said...

I like your Christmas tree! And every time you post one of these - I get more and more amped up to do it myself.

Robot Nine said...

Thanks, I'll e-mail what I do. Alan