Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ballon Releases 14, 15, 16, 17, And 18

That's right, tonight five more bundles went out. The local PO was out of postcards so they flew away with self-addressed and stamped envelopes. It was a quick release in the dark Atascocita night on December 22, 2008, as it is about 25 degrees with a cutting wind, and I was ill-clothed to be out. The balloons soared awaw at a low angle, barely clearing the trees, than over the golf course and northward, flip-flopping in the icy, turbulent wind. Maybe they will reach Canada? Or Massachusetts?!

5 comments:

Allylala said...

Oh my goodness I just LOVE what this blog is all about I have a random weird obsession for red balloons ever since I saw a little french film called "Le Rouge Balloon" you should watch it!!

Miss Alex said...

Oh my gosh this is the COOLEST idea

Alan said...

Allylala- Yes, I have seen the film "Red Balloon", very cool, very French, beautifully filmed. If you like goo light-hearted romance kind of films "Deckchair Danny" is another one to catch, as Danny floats away under a cloud of balloons to a new life and love.
Alan

Alan said...

Allylala- Now it's your turn to release some balloons- send details and photos please. And jpin the FOund Balloon e-mail notification list.

Alan said...

Miss Alex- Yes, and it's loads of fun. Please join the followers, send some up yourself and I will log them here, send details and pix, and join the Found Balloon e-mail notification list.